Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Beauty of Conferences

This past weekend was one of the most eye opening and inspiring times of my career as a personal trainer. Through the IDEA Fitness Association I have learned more information in several different, yet related fields, than I had ever anticipated learning! Top in the field professionals came to speak and with them they brought their most influential and beneficial knowledge to share with all of us. I really felt privileged.

Just to give you a taste of the awesome presenters, there was: Todd Durkin Bootcamp extrodinare and #1 Fitness Instructor for several years, Fraser Quelch from TRX (yes the guy in the videos), Dr. Len Kravitz, PhD at the University of New Mexico, Scott Josephson. MS,RD from the Hippocrates Institute, Rachel Cosgrove author of "The Female Body Breakthrough" with her husband Alwyn Cosgrove they own a top 10 rated gym in the nation called Results Fitness, Jonathan Ross author of "Abs Revealed", and Nick Tumminello fighter, trainer and author of "The Naked Athlete".
And these were just the presenters from the classes I attended! There were tons of others!

In the next couple of weeks I will be summarizing and giving my opinions, as well as affective applications, to the information I received in these classes... so stay tuned! I think this will help me be inspired with my blog and put some fuel in me to really research all this amazing information! Knowledge is POWER!!

So if you are in a profession where you think you know everything there is to know and there would be absolutely no benefit for you to continue your education, than perhaps it is time to move on to a new profession! Never stop learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment